Opening May 2023
Bespoke 4 Bedroom Residential House
Resilience are the leading providers of support to the
Prader Willi Syndrome Community in Ireland
We are recruiting
Be a part of this unique team where you will have the opportunity to train and progress under the guidance of our International Prader Willi Syndrome Team
You are an experienced Support Worker who is keen to specialise and be part of a world-class healthcare team – breaking new ground in the support of people with Prader Willi Syndrome. You’d be excited to train with International Specialists and represent Ireland in this complex area.
What is the Position?
You will be a permanent member of the Support Team reporting to the CNM1 / Person in Charge for the house, supported by an experienced Senior Management Team and Multi-Disciplinary Team.
What is the Role?
As a Support Worker you will play a key role in supporting young people with Prader Willi Syndrome to live in our Specialist Residential Service being developed in Monasterevin, Co Kildare. Recognising the unique needs of people with PWS, this service has been specifically designed in line with best practice guidelines and the team will receive specialist training and development from International experts. Our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
What Is Required?
- Minimum FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification is essential
- Applicants must have a demonstrable track record working with adults with physical or intellectual disabilities and/or mental health
- Previous experience caring for individuals with PWS would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite as full training will be provided
- Full driving licence
- Must be a team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships in an inter-disciplinary team and multi-stakeholder environment
- Should have a core belief in and passion for the sustainable delivery of high quality user focused services
- Commitment to the values and principles of Resilience
- Available and willing to commit to working a residential roster
How Will You Benefit?
- An unrivalled opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team within this newly established Centre of Excellence
- Constant support of nominated PIC as well as an experienced leadership team within Resilience with proven expertise in this area
- Permanent contract with the option to work full-time or part-time
- Access to continuous employee support and engagement
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee ‘Recommend for Resilience’ scheme.
- Learn and develop with training given by International Specialists in PWS.
- Opportunities for career progression as we expand our specialist services across the country.
Please take a few minutes to learn more about our existing Prader Willi Syndrome Residential Service in Lemongrove.
Resilience’s _Prader Willi Syndrome journey.mp4