Resilience are changing the face of support for people with intellectual, physical and sensory disability and/or Autism in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions geared towards the empowerment of the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. We put each individual, and support of their disability, at the centre of everything we do, helping them live an involved, meaningful and empowered life and focusing not on what they can’t do, but on what they can achieve. This spirit comes to life in our client-centred, home-from-home residential centres, and in the specialist services we provide
What is the Position?
You will be a full-time permanent, part time or relief Support Worker at our residential centre in Gort, Co Galway – reporting directly to the Service Manager.
What is the Job?
As a Support Worker you will provide a professional, high quality and safe service to people with additional needs – working as part of a team and in consultation with each service user. You will make sure all of the client’s needs are met in a completely individual way, and as an ambassador of Resilience’s values, you will represent
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centered approach to meet each individual’s abilities, needs and challenges
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
What Will Your Responsibilities Be?
- The delivery of client care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of Support Plans;
- Ensure that practices within the service comply with Resilience’s policies and procedures, to maintain the highest standards;
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary Teams (‘MDTs’) when required;
- Provide support to colleagues within the team setting;
- Act as a mentor for new staff and foster a positive learning environment;
- Participate in the development and review of risk assessments and report concerns.
What is Required?
You will have:
- Previous experience working with adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disability;
- Experience working with service users with Autism and Epilepsy;
- FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification or equivalent;
- Completed or be willing to complete a Patient Manual Handling course;
- Eligibility to work in Ireland;
- A strong sense of empathy, flexibility and a team-oriented work ethic.
- A Full Drivers Licence is desirable.
How Will You Benefit?
This is your opportunity to:
Develop and progress your career through full induction, training and ongoing development.
Enjoy excellent rates of pay and paid holiday entitlements.
Resilience Rewards employee discounts e.g discounted health insurance
Make your mark as part of a service that is changing the future of care in Ireland.
Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
Resilience4Me Health and Well-being Forum
Enjoy a personal, one-to-one approach to social care support work.
Benefit from the full support of management.
Earn from our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme.