Bespoke 4 Bedroom Residential House
Monasterevin, Co Kildare
Resilience are the leading providers of support to the
Prader Willi Syndrome Community in Ireland
We are recruiting Staff Nurse x 40 hours per week
DAY SHIFTS ONLY
Be a part of this unique team where you will have the opportunity to train and progress under the guidance of our International Prader Willi Syndrome Team
We are changing the face of support for people with intellectual, physical and sensory disability and/or autism in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions geared towards the empowerment of the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. We put each individual, and support of their disability, at the centre of everything we do, helping them live an involved, meaningful and empowered life; focusing not on what they can’t do, but on what they can achieve. This spirit comes to life in our client-centred, home-from-home Residential Centres, and in the specialist services we provide.
What is the position?
You will provide a professional, high-quality, safe and caring nursing service in our Residential House to our young adults who have Prader Willi Syndrome. Recognising the unique needs of people with PWS, this service has been specifically designed in line with best practice guidelines and the team will receive specialist training and development from International experts. Our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
Location: Monasterevin, Co Kildare
Type of contract: Full-time contract (40 hours only)
Hours of work: Day shifts only
Since 2011, high-growth Irish owned company Resilience has continued to lead the way in transforming healthcare in Ireland. Our essence is to help build resilience in the people we support to bring the possible to life. We’re looking for nurses to join our team and deliver nursing at its best. You’ll be part of a supportive team that focuses on helping those you care for live more empowered lives. And with access to best practice training, you’ll upskill and develop – realising your own potential and furthering your career.
Skills and qualifications required
As a Nurse caring for YOUNG ADULTS with complex care needs, you should:
- have current NMBI registration;
- be an RCN/RGN with recent experience of nursing young people with complex care needs;
- have a minimum of 1 year’s post-qualification experience;
- display the competence, confidence and commitment to work as part of our Social Care Team.
Previous community care experience is an advantage.
- assess and deliver nursing care based on the assessed needs of the young adults and according to their agreed Care Plan;
- carry out your nursing role according to the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Registered Nurses;
- comply with evidence-based practice while maintaining and developing your own, personal, professional competence;
- promote and participate in dialogue between the Service Manager, the young adults, their families, HSE and other relevant MDT representatives;
- receive and share complex clinical information – based on the young adults’ clinical condition and the interventions used and forming the basis of their care plan;
- complete accurate and professional clinical notes.
- Regional Manager and Service Manager support 24/7
- Competitive pay rates, paid monthly in arrears
- Paid attendance for mandatory training
- Resilience Rewards employee discounts, e.g. discounted Health Insurance
- Clinical Tutor delivering training accredited by the NMBI
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
- Resilience4Me Health and Well-being Forum
- Earn with our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme (Ts & Cs apply)
Resilience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Please take a few minutes to learn more about our existing Prader Willi Syndrome Residential Service in Lemongrove.