With a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives, Resilience is an Irish-owned, high-growth company. We are driven to realise potential – both for the people we support and for members of our team – helping them realise their goals and ambitions.
What each of these services are:
New Directions – offering individualised community supports such as leisure activities, education, employment opportunities and social skills, for adults who are transitioning from school or rehabilitation and training support services. Shifts would include day, afternoon & evening shifts with some Saturday day hours.
Outreach Supports – offering individualised community and in-home supports for children outside of school hours – including leisure activities, independent living/life and social skills. Shifts would be afternoons & evening shifts with some Saturday day hours
What is the Position?
You will be a full time permanent, part time or relief Support Worker in our Day Service in Cork.
No night shifts, no Sundays, no bank holidays
What is the role?
Varied role supporting young adults in their local community with skills teaching including:
- Accessing their community (local hobbies, services, public transport)
- Vocational Skills: Education/Work/Online Learning
- Leisure Skills & Social Skills
- Volunteering (Community Mapping, Tidy towns etc.)
- Independent Living Skills (Daily living skills)
- Cooking Skills, Social Farming and Gardening
- Learning to Drive/Using Public Transport
What is Required?
- Previous experience working with children or adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities, ideally in a community setting;
- Skills or Qualification in areas such as health & leisure, psychology, gardening, music, and arts are welcome
- A strong sense of empathy, flexibility and a team-oriented work ethic.
- A Full Drivers Licence is essential.
What we offer:
An unrivalled opportunity to work alongside and learn from Resilience colleagues who are senior level influencers within New Directions.
Support of a Co-ordinator/local Manager with proven expertise in this area.
Full training provided by industry experts.
Ongoing continuous professional development through attendance at internal and external workshops, conferences and mandatory training.
Job security through permanent contracts.
Access to continuous employee support and engagement including employee assistance programme and bike to work scheme.
Full time, part time or relief hours available to suit your schedule.
Excellent rates of pay.
Employee ‘Recommend for Resilience’ scheme.