Resilience are proud to be leading change in health and social care in Ireland – as more and more supports are delivered within community settings. Our Social Care division provides residential, day and outreach services for people with disabilities.
We are now inviting applications for the below Positions:
- Full time permanent contract in Mallow Residential services.
- Full time permanent contract in Fermoy Residential services.
What is the Position?
You will be a full-time permanent Support Worker at one of our children’s residential centres in Cork (including Mallow and Fermoy) – reporting directly to the Service Manager
What is the Role?
As a Support Worker you will provide a professional, high quality and safe service to people with additional needs – working as part of a team and in consultation with each service user. You will make sure all of the client’s needs are met in a completely individual way.
What is Required?
- Previous experience working with children or adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disability;
- Experience working with service users with Autism and Epilepsy;
- FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification or equivalent;
- Completed or be willing to complete a Patient Manual Handling course;
- Completed or be willing to complete a Child Protection course;
- Eligibility to work in Ireland;
- A strong sense of empathy, flexibility and a team-oriented work ethic.
- A Full Drivers Licence is favourable but not essential.
What Will Your Responsibilities Be?
- The delivery of client care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of Support Plans;
- Ensure that practices within the service comply with Resilience’s policies and procedures, to maintain the highest standards;
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary Teams (‘MDTs’) when required;
- Provide support to colleagues within the team setting;
- Act as a mentor for new staff and foster a positive learning environment;
- Participate in the development and review of risk assessments and report concerns.
How Will You Benefit?
- Develop your career through full induction, training and ongoing development.
- Enjoy excellent rates of pay and paid holiday entitlements.
- Make your mark as part of a service that is changing the future of care in Ireland.
- Enjoy a personal, one-to-one approach to social care support work.
- Benefit from the full support of management.
- Earn from our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme.