Social Care Team Leader – Galway
The Team Leader will be responsible for leading a dedicated team in delivering quality standards of care and support to children with intellectual, physical and sensory disabilities and Autism.
Full time 40-hour contract. Day, afternoon and/or evening shifts. This role will entail 20 hours’ frontline and 20 hours’ administration. The successful candidate will report to the Person in Charge (PIC) and will play a key role in ensuring the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA standards and relevant legislation. Our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
Since 2011 high-growth Irish company Resilience has continued to lead the way in transforming health and social care in Ireland. Our essence is to help build resilience in the people we support to bring the possible to life.
Our Social Care division is providing progressive Residential, Day and Outreach Services for people with Disabilities and Autism – helping people to realise their potential. We are looking for passionate people to join our Permanent Team and build a future in rewarding work that truly changes lives. You will enjoy a supportive environment that helps you realise your own potential, and with access to upskilling and best practice training you’ll grow and develop your career.
Location Gort, Co Galway
Type of contract Full time permanent (40 hours per week)
- Relevant Qualification in Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience working within the disability sector with experience in a senior support/supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong working knowledge of HIQA standards and regulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, motivate and supervise staff.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Person Centre Planning.
- Be proactive and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT, administration, report writing and organisational skills.
- Possess a full clean driving licence and own vehicle.
- Be able to work evenings.
- Be prepared to be on call as required.
- Develop and progress your career through fully funded additional training and development.
- Mileage and expenses provided
- Discounted health insurance with our healthcare provider.
- Earn from our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme.
- Fuel discount scheme
Resilience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer