Support Worker Roles – Fermoy, Cork
Join our world-class service that's shaping empowered lives.
We're changing the face of support for people with intellectual, physical and sensory disability and/or Autism in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions geared towards the empowerment of the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. We put each individual, and support of their disability, at the centre of everything we do, helping them live an involved, meaningful and empowered life and focusing not on what they can't do, but on what they can achieve. This spirit comes to life in our client-centred, home-from-home residential centres, and in the specialist services we provide.
What is the Position?
You will be a full-time/part-time permanent Support Worker in our children's residential centre near Fermoy, Co. Cork – reporting directly to the Service Manager.
What is the Role?
As a Support Worker you will provide a professional, high quality and safe service to people with additional needs – working as part of a team and in consultation with each service user. You will make sure all of the client's needs are met in a completely individual way, and as an ambassador of Resilience's values, you will represent:
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centred approach to meet each individual's abilities, needs and challenges.
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
Location: Fermoy, Cork
Hours of work: Full time, Part time or Relief hours available
What Will Your Responsibilities Be?
- The delivery of client care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of Support Plans;
- Ensure that practices within the service comply with Resilience's policies and procedures, to maintain the highest standards;
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary Teams ('MDTs') when required;
- Provide support to colleagues within the team setting;
- Act as a mentor for new staff and foster a positive learning environment;
- Participate in the development and review of risk assessments and report concerns.
What is Required?
You will have:
- Previous experience working with children or adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disability;
- Experience working with service users with Autism and Epilepsy;
- FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification or equivalent;
- Completed or be willing to complete a Patient Manual Handling course;
- Completed or be willing to complete a Child Protection course;
- Eligibility to work in Ireland;
- A strong sense of empathy, flexibility and a team-oriented work ethic.
A Full Drivers Licence is favourable but not essential.
How Will You Benefit?
This is your opportunity to:
- Develop your career through full induction, training and ongoing development.
- Enjoy excellent rates of pay and paid holiday entitlements.
- Make your mark as part of a service that is changing the future of care in Ireland.
- Enjoy a personal, one-to-one approach to social care support work.
- Benefit from the full support of management.
- Earn from our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme.
To apply, please complete the form below.