We are changing the face of support for people with intellectual, physical and sensory disability and/or autism in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions geared towards the empowerment of the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. We put each individual, and support of their disability, at the centre of everything we do, helping them live an involved, meaningful and empowered life; focusing not on what they can’t do, but on what they can achieve. This spirit comes to life in our client-centred, home-from-home Residential Centres, and in the specialist services we provide. One service is for young adults, one is for children.
Full time Contracts
Drummond Lodge, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan
You will be a full time Support Worker at our Adult Residential Centre reporting directly to the Service Manager
What is the Role?
As a Support Worker you will provide a professional, high quality and safe service to people with additional needs – working as part of a team and in consultation with each service user. You will make sure all of the client’s needs are met in a completely individual way, and as an ambassador of Resilience’s values, you will represent:
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centred approach to meet each individual’s abilities, needs and challenges.
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
Hours of work
Will Your Responsibilities Be?
- The delivery of client care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of Support Plans
- Ensure that practices within the service comply with Resilience’s policies and procedures, to maintain the highest standards
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary Teams (‘MDTs’) when required
- Provide support to colleagues within the team setting
- Act as a mentor for new staff and foster a positive learning environment
- Participate in the development and review of risk assessments and report concerns
What is Required?
- Previous experience working with children or adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disability
- Experience working with service users with Autism and Epilepsy
- FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification or equivalent
- Completed or be willing to complete a Patient Manual Handling course
- Completed or be willing to complete a Child Protection course
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- A strong sense of empathy, flexibility and a team-oriented work ethic
- A Full Drivers Licence is essential
How Will You Benefit?
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted healthcare
- Paid attendance for mandatory training
- 24/7 support from management team
- Promotional opportunities and pathways
- Resilience Rewards employee discounts
- In house accredited training provided
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
- Educational assistance
- Active sports and social club
- Continuous professional development
- Bike to work scheme
- Resilience4Me Health and Well-being Forum.
- Uncapped earning potential from our refer a friend Scheme