Service Manager (CNM2) – Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan
Resilience are expanding and opening a new residential service in Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan. As a result, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 (CNM2) to lead our team supporting individuals with physical and sensory disabilities in our new residential home in Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan.
The post holder will be responsible for the development and management of this service, with the support of an experienced service management team and a multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will report to Resilience's Director of Social Care and be responsible for the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA standards and relevant legislation. This is a pivotal role within the organisation and is a full-time, permanent position. The new incumbent must demonstrate the capacity to lead and develop services, underpinned by the principles of person centeredness and quality to ensure each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
- Be registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland – preferably within the RNID discipline.
- Hold or be willing to complete a post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
- Not less than 3 years' experience in a management capacity in the health and Social Care area.
- Level of knowledge and experience of dealing with HIQA.
- Experience of working in a care environment for adults and children with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Experience of and ability to manage resources including budget.
- Previous experience of working closely with families and members of the MDT is essential
- Driving licence is essential
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out assessments and care plans
- Ensure each service user's needs are set out in a Personal Support Plan
- Review and update care plans as and when required and as indicated by HIQA standards
- Be an active leader and role model for the team
- Project manage new initiatives as required
- Effectively manage the service resources within budget provided.
- Organise and participate in meetings, reviews and committees
- Be aware of and practice the correct use of all aids and appliances and ensure that staff are at all times adequately and certifiably trained and competent
- Address incidents in a timely manner and develop action plans with the staff team
- Be aware of the reporting requirements of the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities (January 2013) and the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013
- Promote Resilience's duty to employees under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Make all necessary arrangements to prevent service users from being harmed or from suffering abuse. This will include training of staff and complying with relevant policies and procedures. Concerns should be reported within the required time scales
What we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve success within our established service where our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent contract.
- Paid holidays.
- Comprehensive learning & development program.
- Working alongside and constantly supported by an experienced leadership team with an established track record in this area.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Tax saver travel scheme
Resilience's mission is to enhance the quality of people's lives.
With a mission to enhance the quality of people's lives, Resilience is an Irish-owned, high-growth company. We are driven to realise potential – both for the people we support and for members of our team – helping them realise their goals and ambitions.