COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER Roles – Kerry (Tralee, Killarney, Listowel)
Join our world-class service that's shaping empowered lives.
We're changing the face of support for people with intellectual, physical and sensory disability and/or Autism in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions geared towards the empowerment of the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. We put each individual, and support of their disability, at the centre of everything we do, helping them live an involved, meaningful and empowered life and focusing not on what they can't do, but on what they can achieve. This spirit comes to life in the specialist services we provide, including New Directions and Outreach Supports.
What is the Position?
You will be a part-time permanent or relief Community Support Worker working within our community services:
Outreach Supports – helping to provide community and in-home supports for children outside of school hours – including leisure activities, independent living/life and social skills.
What is the Role?
As a Community Support Worker you will provide a professional, high quality and safe service to people with additional needs. You will make sure the client's requirements are met in a completely individual way, and as an ambassador of Resilience's values, you will represent:
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centred approach to meet each individual's abilities, needs and challenges.
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
Location: Kerry Area (incl Tralee, Killarney, Listowel)
Hours of work: Part time or relief hours available, Monday – Friday afternoon & evening shifts with some Saturday day hours
What is Required?
You will have:
- Previous experience working with children or adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities, ideally in a community setting;
- Minimum FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification (essential);
- The ability to work as a team player and to build and maintain relationships in an inter-disciplinary team and multi-stakeholder environment;
- Core belief in, and passion for, the sustainable delivery of high quality user focused services.
A Full Drivers Licence is essential.
How Will You Benefit?
This is your opportunity to:
- Benefit and learn from working alongside Resilience team members who are senior-level influencers within New Directions.
- Enjoy the support of a co-ordinator/local Manager with proven expertise in this area.
- Develop your skills with full training provided by industry experts.
- Enjoy ongoing continuous professional development through attendance of internal and external workshops, conferences and mandatory training.
- Enjoy the job security of a permanent contracts.
- Access continuous employee support and engagement including employee assistance programme and bike to work scheme.
- Receive excellent rates of pay.
- The freedom to choose full time, part time or relief working hours.
- Earn from our paid Refer-a-Friend scheme