What is the position?
As the lead for Quality and Safety, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest standards of quality, safety, and compliance within our Advanced Community Care division. You will be responsible for developing and implementing robust quality management systems, overseeing regulatory compliance, and driving a culture of continuous improvement throughout the division. This is a leadership position that requires strategic thinking, exceptional communication skills, and a deep understanding of healthcare regulations and best practices.
Location: National role (flexibility on main office base)
Type of contract: Full-time permanent
Resilience is an organisation which is dual focused on delivering long-term returns for stakeholders while simultaneously maximising value to society.
Our Advanced Community Care division provides specialised nursing services to children, young adults and families who require support in the face of injury, illness or disability, or who require the intervention of medical technology to survive. Our team of nurses works in the community, in their clients’ homes – delivering one to one, highly personalised, individual nursing. Ours is a progressive, forward-thinking approach and practice, and is set to rethink and evolve the way we respond to nursing care needs.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive quality management system to ensure the delivery of safe and effective healthcare services at home and in the community.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and quality metrics to assess and improve the performance of our services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement quality improvement initiatives and best practices across the ACC division.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines related to service delivery, quality assurance, risk management, and patient safety.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, standards, and accreditation bodies.
- Conduct regular audits, reviews and assessments to identify areas for improvement and ensure adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate staff on quality and safety practices, including infection control, medication management, and patient-centered care.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging feedback, monitoring customer satisfaction, and implementing initiatives to enhance the patient experience.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and regulatory changes related to healthcare quality and safety, and provide recommendations for organizational readiness and compliance.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies, auditors, and accreditation bodies, to ensure successful inspections and maintain strong relationships.
Requirements – Education and Experience
- Minimum Level 8 NFQ in a relevant field e.g., nursing, HSCP.
- Postgraduate qualification in quality and safety related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership role focused on quality and safety in a clinical healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare regulations, accreditation standards, and quality improvement methodologies.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing quality management systems and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent understanding of patient safety principles, risk management and infection control practices.
- Experience in conducting audits and assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong leadership abilities, including the capability to inspire and motivate teams, and influence change at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in healthcare quality and safety.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Health insurance and discounted health insurance for dependents
Resilience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.