What is the position?
The Nurse Manager will work with the Regional Manager to achieve the aims and objectives of the specified region and of the Advanced Community Care business. The Nurse Manager has a pivotal role in quality assurance, resource management, staff development, practice development and facilitating communication and professional / clinical leadership. The Nurse Manager will deliver key performance and quality indicators specific to the role.
Location: Ennis, Co. Clare (hybrid model)
Type of contract: Full-time permanent
Since 2011 high-growth Irish company Resilience has continued to lead the way in transforming health and social care in Ireland. Our purpose is to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical guidance.
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to clients and their families.
- Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Collaborate with clients, families, carers and other employees in treatment and care planning and in the provision of support and advice.
- Ensure that clients and others are treated with dignity and respect.
- Help formulate, evaluate and manage the implementation of best practice policy and procedures.
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation.
- Complete regular spot checks and competency assessments with employees with prior consultation of clients and/or families.
- Respond appropriately to any risk identified through an effective risk management process.
- Engage in performance review processes including personal development planning.
- Promote and take a lead in delivering a holistic, person centred service to clients and their families or carers.
- Meet with new clients and ensure ongoing contact with them and their families or carers.
- Ensure the Care Management System is used properly within all homes to measure outcome and quality of life measures.
- Prepare monthly commissioners’ reports, for final sign off by the Regional Manager.
- Maintain rotation on the on call team and maintain effective communications with team members recording and reporting all calls.
- Monitor employees to oversee the delivery of client care together with all members of the multi-disciplinary teams.
- Conduct pre-registration assessments as required and ensure ongoing assessment of all clients to update care plans and assessments as required.
- Plan, assess and deliver individualised care, together with the primary carer and all members of the multidisciplinary care team.
- Communicate with the primary care giver and conduct meetings consistent with their care package and service hours requirements.
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular the right of the client to confidentiality.
- Participate with the orientation of all new employees or employees transferring under TUPE or existing employees being inducted to new services.
- Conduct Probation reviews in line with company policy.
- Provide professional individual supervision and be responsible for the professional development, further education and supervision of employees.
- Be responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures as directed by the Regional Manager and/or Head of Advanced Community Care.
- Create and promote positive, open communications, healthy working relationships and stimulate initiative among the team.
- Provide reports on activities and services, as required.
Participate in employee investigations, disciplinary meetings.
- Partake in responses to complaints / concerns raised by primary carers.
- Liaise with relevant members of the HR team to achieve positive outcome to employee concerns.
- Ensure employees are working their contractual hours and monitor casual / relief employee’s commitment to work.
- Engage in promoting the company communication platform, ‘Workplace’ by Facebook.
- Reconciliation of weekly payroll through People Planner.
- In line with the company’s Service Level Agreements, ensure that employees are fully compliant to work at all times.
- Together with the HR team, manage attendance, performance and all other employee related issues.
- Current NMBI registration.
- RCN/RGN with recent experience of nursing children with complex care needs.
- Full, clean Irish driving license.
- Advanced level computer skills.
- Management experience would be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid working.
- Health Insurance and discounted health insurance for dependents.
- Company car.
- Fuel discount scheme along with further staff discount with many retail providers.
- Join a company with a strong track record of developing our people.
Resilience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.