With a mission to enhance the quality of people's lives, Resilience is an Irish-owned, high-growth company, offering dynamic career opportunities within our services.
Celebrating 10 years in business, we're proud to be leading change in health and social care in Ireland. There is a growing need for supports to be delivered within the community and people's homes – and we respond with forward-thinking services.
We are currently seeking a Psychiatrist in the Psychiatry of Learning Disability to join our multi-disciplinary team delivering this essential service. The role will involve working with our clients who present with a variety of intellectual disabilities.
Approximately two days a month with flexibility when required.
- Be registered with the Irish Medical Council in the specialist division of Learning Disabilities
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate expertise in investigation, diagnosis and treatment in area of Learning Disabilities
- Experience working with adults and children with intellectual disabilities / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Experience working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues in supporting the needs of clients with behaviours of concern.
- Demonstrate experience in Psychiatry at a Consultant level in an Irish or similar healthcare setting
- Display evidence based clinical knowledge in making decisions regarding client care
- Full clean driving licence
- You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients under your care using a variety of modalities.
- Work directly with clients and provide a good standard of practice and care
- Monitor and review treatment regularly
- Decide on suitable psychiatric treatment plans for patients, which often include a mix of psychological, medical and social interventions in conjunction with other health professionals
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- To provide effective communication with service managers and teams, service user's and families, and ensure the feedback from same is considered and evaluated.
What we offer:
An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve success within our established service where our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.