Purpose of Role
To provide comprehensive Speech and Language Therapy assessment and intervention services to children and adults with complex needs receiving services from Resilience. This role will be based in the Munster of Leinster area, depending on the successful applicant.
The following are a list of some of responsibilities for this role. A full list can be made available to you.
- Day to day management of the speech and language therapy services to children and adults with complex needs arising from a combination of intellectual, physical, and/or sensory disabilities.
- Responsibility for ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient Speech and Language Therapy Service through:
• Establishment of profession specific quality standards and participation in setting and monitoring multidisciplinary standards for assessment and intervention.
• Regular monitoring and review of caseload.
• Working as part of an interdisciplinary team with Occupational Therapists, Behavioural Support Specialist and ongoing supervision from a Senior Speech and language Therapist.
- To provide professional representation in establishing the highest standards of collaborative practice with colleagues, education and community services.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of appropriate resources for other colleagues, parents and support staff i.e. information, training, literature, equipment, etc
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team, provide a quality Speech & Language Therapy assessment and evidenced based intervention to children and adults who present with communication difficulties and/or feeding, eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties as appropriate.
- Work both directly and indirectly with the child/adult, in collaboration with family and key workers in a consultative capacity.
- Document all assessment, diagnosis, treatment / intervention plans, clinical notes, relevant contacts and summaries in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Attendance at/reporting to family and child/adult review meetings, placement meetings as appropriate.
- Establishment and development of liaison with appropriate organisations, voluntary agencies etc.
- Involved in development of and participation in training programmes for colleagues in Speech and Language Therapy, other disciplines and carers/families.
- Maintain awareness of professional literature, current developments in Speech and Language Therapy for children and adults with complex needs through self-education, training and professional development.
- Collection of statistics in accordance with service requirements. Maintenance of service policies would be considered a Senior responsibility.
Qualification & Experience
- BA in Speech and Language Therapy or its equivalent.
- An undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in dysphagia
- Fully registered or registration in process with CORU
- Access to a car and full driving licence
- Clinical experience of working with children with a variety of complex needs including ASD, Intellectual Disability and Physical Disability
- Training relevant to children’s disability services e.g. Hanen, Lámh, PECS, AAC, social skills, Intensive Interaction.
- Experience in training other professional/carers in dysphagia management and communication supports.
Why Join our Team
- Competitive pay rates
- Discounted healthcare for family members
- Paid attendance for mandatory training
- 24/7 support from management team
- Promotional opportunities and pathways
- Resilience Rewards employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
- Educational assistance
- Continuous professional development
- Bike to work scheme
- Resilience4Me Health and Well-being Forum.
- Uncapped earning potential from our refer a friend Scheme
If you would like the opportunity to make your mark as part of a service that is changing the future of care in Ireland, then this is the role for you. You will be given the opportunity to feel empowered in your role where you can empower others.
Therapy Services Manager
April 30th, 2022