PWS Specialist Residential Service in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
Join our World-Class Team at Resilience as we Lead the Way in PWS
You're an experienced Support Worker who's keen to specialise and be part of a world-class healthcare team – breaking new ground in the support of people with Prader Willi Syndrome. You'd be excited to train with international specialists and represent Ireland in this complex area.
Another FIRST from Resilience Social Care
At Social Care from Resilience, we're changing the face of support for people with Intellectual Disability and/or Autism, in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions which focus on empowerment for the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. This spirit comes to life in our new specialist residential service supporting people with Prader Willi Syndrome ('PWS') in Enniscorthy – designed in line with best practice guidelines and providing individualised accommodation, with support.
What is the Position?
You will be a Full-time, Permanent member of the Support Team reporting to the Person in Charge for the centre, supported by an experienced Senior Management Team and a Multi-Disciplinary Team.
What is the Role?
As a Support Worker you will play a key role in supporting young people with Prader Willi Syndrome to live in a new specialist residential service being developed in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Recognising the unique needs of people with PWS, this service has been specifically designed in line with best practice guidelines and the team will receive specialist training and development from international experts. Our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
As an ambassador of Resilience Social Care's values, you will represent:
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centred approach to meet each individual's abilities, needs and challenges.
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
What Will Your Responsibilities Be?
What Is Required?
You will have:
- Minimum FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification is essential
- Applicants must have a demonstrable track record working with adults with physical, or intellectual disabilities and or mental health.
- Previous experience caring for individuals with PWS would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite as full training will be provided
- Full driving licence
- Must be a team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships in an inter-disciplinary team and multi-stakeholder environment
- Should have a core belief in and passion for the sustainable delivery of high quality user focused services
- Commitment to the values and principles of Resilience
- Available and willing to commit to working a residential roster.
- How Will You Benefit?
- An unrivalled opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team within a newly established Centre of Excellence
- Constant support of nominated PIC as well as an experienced leadership team within Resilience with proven expertise in this area
- Permanent contract with the option to work full-time or part-time
- Access to continuous employee support and engagement
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee 'Recommend for Resilience' scheme.
- Learn and develop with training given by international specialists in PWS.
Opportunities for career progression as we expand our specialist services across the country.