What is the position?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a proactive, socially responsible organisation in a position as Senior Payroll Specialist.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Senior Payroll Specialist will be part of the wider Finance team and will be responsible for generating payroll, ensuring employees are paid on time and addressing and resolving employee queries. The role offers an attractive salary package along with hybrid working.
Location: Resilience Head Office, Ennis, Co. Clare (hybrid model)
Type of contract: Full-time permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 08.45 – 17.30, Friday 08.45 – 16.30
Resilience is an organisation which is dual focused on delivering long-term returns for stakeholders while simultaneously maximising value to society.
Our Social Care division provides support to children and adults with intellectual, physical and sensory disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder and also supports individuals who may present with behaviours of concern. We are proud to be offering families progressive solutions which focus on empowerment of our service users, rather than limiting their experiences of life.
Our Advanced Community Care division provides specialised nursing services to children, young adults and families who require support in the face of injury, illness or disability, or who require the intervention of medical technology to survive. Our team of nurses works in the community, in their clients’ homes – delivering one to one, highly personalised, individual nursing. Ours is a progressive, forward thinking approach and practice, and is set to rethink and evolve the way we respond to nursing care needs.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Generate payroll files from our scheduling system.
- Manage the relationship with our outsource partners to process weekly and monthly payroll.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel expenses, overtime and BIK
- Review of calculation of PAYE, PRSI, USC, Pensions and all other statutory/ voluntary deductions.
- Reconciliation of payroll files at month end.
- Provide world class customer service to employee payroll queries.
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislation that impact on remuneration.
- Continuous improvement of all payroll processes across the finance team by liaising with HR and IT.
- IPASS/CIPP Qualified.
- Working knowledge of ROS and pay legislation.
- Highly experienced in using payroll systems.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude for problem solving.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the healthcare sector extremely desirable.
- Experience in working in a growing and changing environment.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid working.
- Health Insurance and discounted healthcare for dependents.
Resilience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.