What is Your Role?
You will provide a professional, high-quality, safe and caring one-to-one nursing service to a client who has complex care needs.
Location: Abbeyfeale, Limerick
Hours of work: 24 hours per week (3 x 8 hour nights)
What are Your Key Responsibilities?
- assess and deliver nursing care based on the assessed needs of your client and according to their agreed Care Plan;
- carry out your nursing role according to the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Registered Nurses;
- comply with evidence-based practice while maintaining and developing your own, personal, professional competence;
- promote and participate in dialogue between clients, families, HSE and other relevant MDT representatives;
- receive and share complex clinical information – based on the client's clinical condition and the interventions used and forming the basis of your client's care plan;
- complete accurate and professional clinical notes.
What Qualifications Will You Have?
As a Nurse caring for CHILDREN with complex care needs, you should:
- have current NMBI registration;
- be an RCN/RGN/RM with neo natal/ICU experience with recent experience of nursing children with complex care needs;
- have a minimum of 1 year's post-qualification experience;
- display the competence, confidence and commitment to work as part of the Advanced Community Care team;
Previous community care experience – such as one-to-one care in the home – is an advantage.